Reconnection, Resilience, Service
An Immersive Work That Reconnects Workshop for Facilitators
IN-PERSON // MAY 18 – 21
BOULDER, CO (USA)
In this in-person workshop, we will explore the transformative potentials of Joanna Macy’s Work That Reconnects (WTR) while highlighting essential skills and foundations for effective facilitation of this reconnective, life-affirming work.
The WTR is a pioneering body of work that has helped thousands of people over more than 40 years to better face the complex and often overwhelming socio-ecological realities of our day. Climate change, ecological devastation, political polarization, widespread pollution, loss of meaning–these and other planet-sized challenges call for a renewed understanding of our place amidst life’s web. The WTR makes way for a shift in consciousness that forefronts our intimate allegiance with life, helping overcome apathy and despair and tapping into Earth’s self-healing qualities.
Following the deep structure of the WTR Spiral, we’ll integrate group work, theoretical sessions, meditation, ritual, and Earth reconnection practices in service of self-discovery, psycho-emotional resilience, and the cultivation of essential skills for effective WTR facilitation. All this within a compassionate atmosphere that invites the openness and determination needed to partake in the co-creation of a vibrant, beauty-filled world.
Who’s the Workshop For?
Everyone interested in developing inner resilience and crafting a healthier relation to self and world amidst the socio-ecological, as well as health care and counseling professionals, teachers, coaches, wellness practitioners, and community leaders interested in refining their WTR facilitation skills.
People of any gender identity, culture, race, religion, sexual orientation, and economic circumstance are welcomed.
It’s important to note that this workshop immersion does not “certify” you as a WTR facilitator, primarily for two reasons. The first one being that there are no official certifications for this Work, albeit some training opportunities are offered (this being one). The second reason is that, likely, no single workshop would provide the skills to become an effective facilitator. This offering is far from a complete facilitator training; rather, it is an opportunity to explore some key facilitation skills while experiencing the transformative potentials of the WTR.
- When? May 18 (4:00 pm) – May 21 (2:30 pm)
- Where? Loreland Barn, Boulder, CO
- What? An immersive experience on the WTR & facilitation skills
- Structure? Two full days (Friday & Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm) and two half days (Thursday, 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm & Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:30 pm).
- What’s included? Workshop, lunch (Friday, Sat & Sunday) & coffee breaks
- Who? Adrián will be the lead facilitator (see below)
- Investment? $380 USD (see below)
About the Teacher
- $380 USD (one time payment)
- Some scholarships available on a first come, first serve basis (please contact us directly)
- To register, follow the two simple steps found in the Registration section below.
Complete the following two steps to register: