MAY 11 TO JUNE 15
The unprecedented historical moment of our days, evinced in the monumental socio-ecological problems we face, constitutes a multidimensional crisis deeply rooted in the human psyche. At the same time, the recognition that the human mind is one of the chief causes of the problems we face opens a profound opportunity for personal transformation and planetary regeneration.
The course seeks to heal the relation between humans and the rest of nature through a revaluation of the role and function of our species within the global ecosystem. From the direct encounter of the human mind with its planetary source and sustenance emerges a path of self-knowledge and well-being closely linked to caring for the Earth and the viability of future generations.
We will explore:
- The historical episode of crisis and collapse we’re undergoing as a species, and the challenges and opportunities it offers us.
- A transdisciplinary and integrative approach to the mind-nature connection and its effects on personal health and ecosystemic viability.
- A scientific, philosophical, and experiential exploration of the Earth as a great teacher, counselor, and physician.
- A renewed sense of connection to contemplative dimensions of our connection to the Earth, as well as the set of responsibilities that arise from a refined ecological awareness.
- Ecospychological practices to complement your personal development and potentially support others to better navigate the multidimensional crisis we are facing.
The course is composed of 6 face-to-face online classes and 4 counseling sessions that combine presentations, dialogue, meditations, group activities, and Earth-reconnection practices.
5 classes of 2 hours
once a week. Sessions are recorded for your convenience
4 counseling sessions
1 integration session
dedicated to questions and reflections
Learning materials and weekly practices
Constant contact with a learning community through the virtual classroom
1. Planetary Crucible: Crisis & Opportunity
2. Nature as Source of Health & Fulfillment
3. Ecopsychology: Between Mind and Earth
4. Ecopsychology & the Sacred
6. Wild Mind
We’ll meet a total of 10 times between May 11 and June 15 (6 sessions of 2 hours and 4 counseling sessions). Each class includes learning materials and practices. Approximately every two weeks there will be two 60 min. counseling sessions during the same week of our Tuesday session. The course finishes with an integration session (see Calendar).
All sessions take place via Zoom (online platform). We use Edmodo as our virtual classroom, where we host educational contents and serves as a platform for student interaction. We recommend that you take some time to familiarize yourself with these simple platforms before the beginning of the course.
Weekly Schedule (Tuesdays)
5:00 pm EUA, PST
7:00 pm Central México
7:00 pm Bogotá
8:00 pm Santiago de Chile
9:00 pm Brasilia
|Counseling 1 & 2
|Counseling 3 & 4
|Session 6 (integration)
Who’s the course for?
El curso está dirigido a toda persona con interés en profundizar su entendimiento y vivencia de su conexión con la Tierra a un nivel psicológico, emocional y espiritual. Terapeutas, activistas, psicólogos, trabajadores sociales, ritualistas, coaches, profesionales de la salud y de la enseñanza encontrarán el curso de especial interés.
The cost of the course is $240.00 USD
If you sign up with a friend (2 people), each will receive a $25 USD discount. If you are interested in joining and don’t have the financial resources to do so, please contact us.
There’s a minimum of 12 people registered for the course to run.
Complete these two simple steps to register: